From: "Robert Borski" <rborski@coredcs.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: VRTs Time in Jail
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 00:54:14

Sean/prion:

Re your assertions following:

"It's unknown how much time passed after that and when the case was
photocopied and assembled.
When it was finished, it was a year before the junior officr receives it
(who knows what has been done with it in the meantime).  This gives him at
least around three years to obtain this position..."

We differ a whole lot on how much time has passed since VRT has been
arrested.

Note the cover letter that accompanies VRT's case file--it's dated *almost
a year past.*

Note as well the following from p.240, which quotes from the same cover
letter: "The prisoner, who states his identity as John V. Marsch, arrived
here April 2nd last year and was arrested *June 5th of the current year* in
connection with the murder of a GSPB Class AA Correspondent Espion in this
city."

This figures at a maximum to be a year-and-a-half (although I grant you
Annese years are longer). The "current" year mentioned means it's still
somewhere between June 5th and December 31st, and if the letter is dated
"almost a year past" (i.e., *almost* a year after whatever date it is
between 6-5 and 12-31), the time span we're talking about could be anywhere
from as little as a year to just over a year-and-a-half.

How long do you think Jeannine and David searched for Maitre's money before
David went to Port Mimizon--surely, a house as big as the Maison du Chien
would take a while. To say nothing of the court actions and reading of the
will that deprived David of any inheritance. So then he goes to the
capital, enlists and becomes a junior officer with the authority to judge
criminal cases in, what, maybe a year or less?

Clearly, this is not the military I remember. And thus at least this aspect
of your argument I don't buy.

Robert Borski