From: CRCulver@aol.com
Subject: Re:  (urth) Sev's Sister
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 22:06:10 EDT

Robert Borski said:
<Time for me to add my speculations to the mix, since, to the best of my
knowledge, no one's yet mentioned the woman I think is Sev's sister.
I believe we meet her early, in SHADOW (Chapter IX). She's the khaibit known
as Barbea <snip>

Well, Robert, you've certainly looked into this deeply, and I think your
theory is sound, but I don't like the ramifications. If Merryn is not
Severian's sister, then what will happen in the Book of the Short Sun? Looks
to me like we're going to see another one of Severian's notorious one night
stands.

Anyway, the postitutes of the House Azure are khaibits. Are we then to assume
that Severian is a khaibit too? I dunno, I think the list is going to have a
lot of different opinions on this one.

Christopher R. Culver <crculver@aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html