From: "Alex David Groce" <adgroce@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) Excessive Exegesis and Forlesen
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:30:17

In substance, I think that rather than being a puzzle piece where we have to
determine "what's really going on,"  Forlesen is just what Clute calls it in
the Wolfe article in the Encyclopedia of Science Fiction--a superb Kafkaesque
PARABLE.  The hell hints are there, but they don't mean "he's in Hell!  That's
what's really happening!"  Ditto the computer hints.  It's not as if in The
Penal Colony you should be trying to figure out where the colony is.

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32