From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (urth) The Wonderful Free Live
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 99 16:40:00 GMT

William H. Ansley,

No pressure, but once you've "completed" your work on "Eyeflash," you
can mine another Wolfe-does-Oz by annotating FREE LIVE FREE.  (Are
there any other direct Oz expressways in Wolfe?)

While you've got the Oz loaded up in your brain.

But first things first.

As for THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR DEATH AND OTHER STORIES AND OTHER
STORIES, I still weep that there has never been a hardcover edition
of this book.  And at this rate and/or point, there will probably
never be one.

For a time I toyed with the madcap idea of buying a half-dozen copies
of the reprint (trade paperback) and having them re-bound as
hardcovers--an expensive proposition, but not when compared to the
cost/labor of small press publishing, and/or the time wasted waiting
for someone else to do something that will probably never be done,
and/or paying the premium price if/when some specialty press actually
does it.