From: "Roy C. Lackey" <rclackey@stic.net>
Subject: (urth) Re: When Did You Last See Your Father?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 06:59:25

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:02:52 +0100 Peter Westlake wrote:

>>Maybe she's a little older than that; could she have been born at the
very start of Severian's reign, for instance?<<

    Believe me, that occurred to me, but I couldn't reconcile it with the
wistful, mutual recognition. But if you put it together with Robert Borski's
idea that she is Catherine, his mother, then it all comes full circle. The
child in the basket was his mother. Sev fathered his own mother on his
grandmother! He's his own grandpa! Too much!

Roy