From: "Jim Henley" <jlhenley@erols.com>
Subject: RE: (urth) Modernism continues (long and sort of boring)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:30:46

I started _JR_ [another Gaddis book - ed.] about 10 years ago on vacation.
I figured, as I usually do, I will read until my interest flags, then I
will stop at the next chapter or section break. About 100 pages in, I
thought to check - no, there were no chapter or section breaks in the
entire book. Fuck this, I thought, and never picked it up again.

Best,

Jim
"There will always be                                 Costello/
 a little larceny                                           Bacharach,
   in everyone"                                             "My Thief"