From: Damien Broderick <d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au>
Subject: Re: (urth) Wolfe apologetics
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 16:45:07 +0000

At 09:23 PM 3/11/99 -0800,Ouroboros wrote something hard to swallow:

>Severian IS the fountain. Relative to the story, he
>hasn't become it yet, but he will. At the time
>Severian is getting it on, other things are happening
>in the Universe that tell Severian (now the New Sun)
>what the earlier Severian is doing and that now is the
>time to become the New Sun and go to Urth.

Hmm. So Sev is a kind of eidolon or entelechy of the future cosmos entire,
a sort of temporally extended Tiplerian Omega Point deity. [I refer to
Frank J. Tipler's outrageous skiffyoid eschatology, now holed by the
disovery that the universe is expanding faster rather than slower.] Cute.
I'll buy that.

Damien Broderick

(In fact - *blush* - I did it already in THE JUDAS MANDALA, in 1982.)