From: "Daniel Fusch" <dfusch@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Re: Baptism vs. Resurrection
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 23:18:01 PST

Also consider that Severian's "baptism" occurs during the ceremony in which
he enters the guild. Master Palaemon sprinkles water upon his brow, if I
remember aright. Later, in "The Claw of the Conciliator," Severian also
partakes of a depraved parody of communion--so the sacraments appear in
ritual.

I agree with Ouroboros. The drowning scene seems more like a resurrection
than a baptism.

--Daniel