From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@apocalypse.org>
Subject: Re: Re:  (urth) Messianic
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:12:14

At 04:51 PM 11/19/99 -0800, Ori wrote:

>In fact, when faced with a
>Pancreator who cannot correct His creation without slaughtering the mass of
>it, you have to wonder which is the more wretched:  Him or His apologists.

I have often thought about this myself. If our universe or multiverse were
ruled by a personal Creator God, I think I would agree with you. (Hitler
created the death camps, but God, let's say, created Hitler, and invented
pain and suffering to boot.)

Fortunately (IMHO) this is not the case in the "real" world. But in Wolfe's
pocket universes (Briah, Yesod, etc.) it is the case. Wolfe has explicitly
told us that TBOTNS is an extended meditation on the ways in which his God
shapes Creation through pain and suffering.

If you believe us to live in that sort of universe, then your quarrel is
with God, among others. But if you do not, then your quarrel is with Wolfe
himself.

Ron H-E

--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>