From: "Urash, Tom" <turash@firstam.com>
Subject: FW: (urth) re: Messianic
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:51:19

Rostrum writes:

 "This is cool, but doesn't really address my point, which I didn't make
> clear, so here it is again.  It's not so much that there isn't enough
> quantity to Sev's career as Conciliator, but that the quality that seems
> lacking.  What's he going to do, other than wander around healing people
> and turning water to wine that will make him such a mythic figure?  Not
> that miracles aren't notable, but most of the world's religious figures
> are remembered for something more than a bunch of magic tricks."

 I think I have a sense what he's going to do: make a promise - not unlike
another alleged miracle worker making the rounds in these discussions made a
promise some 2000 years ago. One promises a new sun to replace the dying sun
wreaking havoc in the lives of most of the population; another promises,
amongst other things, a way to everlasting life to those without hope -
again, a pretty big chunk of the population.

tom urash