From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) The Ziggurat
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:30:59

At 09:39 PM 1/30/00 -0800, NG wrote:

 in this context, then, "The Ziggurat" is
>one experiment of several in delineating how a
>character can be led astray by hubris and the
>idiosyncrasies of his own psyche, avoiding moral and
>religious truth in favour of solipsism and fantasy.

	Interesting take. I'm intrigued. Please elaborate on
how you take the overall narrative. I'm interested in your
interaction with the specifics, especially a critique of my
very positive take on the story. It does not appear to me
that Emory "avoids" religious truth at all. (And I hope you won't
tell us to wait for your printed review! How long would
we have to wait?)
	BTW, loved your review of the Silk quartet.

Nutria