From: "Nil_Ultra" <Nil_Ultra@email.msn.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n174
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 00:13:28

Ok, that deserves crucifiction, though I will agree that Urth of the new sun
is certainly the best part of the book of the new sun,  it is heresy to say
that the book of the new sun is inferior to the long sun.  The long sun
series does have more value in the traditional sf/fantasy plotline of being
really clear about what the plot is and the good guys vs bad guys theme,
but the lack of that was what I think really made Book of The New Sun
unique;  it is not a fantasy story,  it is like reality merged with the text
of some lost holy book.  I will be the first to agree that the Book of the
New Sun is not for everyone,  but do not call it inferior until you
understand it.

-Rob