From: "Jonathan Laidlow" <LAIDLOJM@hhs.bham.ac.uk>
Subject: (urth) Gene Wolfe Symposium (UK)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:25:44 GMT

hi folks,

two things to tell you:

I'm off on holiday all next week (Paris!) but when I get back I will be
attempting to correct all the silly typos in Ultan's Library volume one.
If you've noticed any, could you make me a list.

Those of you who haven't looked at Ultan's library, I hope you'll like it:
http://www.english.bham.ac.uk/ultan

Secondly - the symposium in the UK on GW is still on. 26th August
in the Dept of English at the University of Birmingham.

We have proposals from:
Nigel Price
Peter Wright
James Russell
Nick Gevers

Unless we can find a rich benefactor Nick will be unable to present
his paper in person at the symposium, as he is on the other side of
the world. The paper will probably be circulated first, although the
gallant organiser (me) may read it out for those involved.

As the number of proposals was a little underwhelming we plan to
include several round table discussions of certain aspects of GW's
work, which will hopefully enable those attending but not speaking
to get involve informally.

Upon my return I will be putting the abstracts on the website and
circulating them with further details to all those who have expressed
an interest in attending.

One further point. Several people have suggested we contact GW
directly and ask if he would like to say a few words, either written or
by videotape, to open the symposium. Does anyone think this is a
viable prospect?

Jonathan Laidlow
 --
Jonathan Laidlow