From: "Inire's biggest fan" <inire@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Used book stores
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:54:50

--- BraveSaintCroix@aol.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     Just to throw something out there: how many
> people here find their Gene
> Wolfe at used book stores?  Fishing through shelves
> of tattered paperbacks in
> cramped book stores is hobby of mine, but Gene Wolfe
> always seems scarce.
> That's why I was so excited to find both Claw of the
> Conciliator and
> Nightside the Long Sun at a store on vacation this
> past weekend.  I buy them
> even though I own them in trade paperback form
> because, although I try to get
> others to read Gene Wolfe, I hate lending out my
> Lupine tomes.  This way, I
> have used doubles to let them borrow.  I'll admit
> though, that the covers on
> some of them are downright embarrassing.

I too score Wolfe books for loaning at used book
stores: On my last move I discovered I had 4 copies of
Shadow ( I kept thinking of people I'd loan it
to...;->) and I know that I've loaned at least that
many to classmates/co-workers over the years. Whats
1.50 to spread a little evangelical cheer? ;->

and as for scarcity, I tend to find pretty good
selections of the Urth stuff, less so for BotSS.

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Miller
				ICQ# 57242517
"The idea of verifying facts about the world through controlled repetition seems alien to just about everyone with the _possible_ exception of Fr Inire, and he's a bug-eyed space monster. . ."           -Jim Henley, on the URTH list

      Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!
           85 VF500F 'Contraceptor'
           **Specify Type Of Goat**