From: eli+@gs211.sp.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: (urth) Used book stores
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:54:33

BraveSaintCroix@aol.com wrote:
>     Just to throw something out there: how many people here find their Gene
> Wolfe at used book stores?  Fishing through shelves of tattered paperbacks
> in cramped book stores is hobby of mine, but Gene Wolfe always seems scarce.

For a while I couldn't turn around without tripping over drifts of
lonely orphan _Soldier_ paperbacks that nobody would take home.  But
you're right, Wolfe is mostly not one of the authors who turns up a
lot used.  A fair bit of _New Sun_.  Last summer, SoHo Books (of that
ilk) had quite a stash: _Castle_, _Storeys_, _Peace, _Devil_, _Doctor
Death_, I forget what else, all like new.  Probably Tor surplus. :-(
Wolfe is definitely one of the authors whose books I don't wait to
find used, both because that's not so easy and because I'd prefer to
buy a copy.

--
     Eli Brandt  |  eli+@cs.cmu.edu  |  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~eli/