From: Richard Horton <rrhorton@prodigy.net>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v030.n157
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 22:46:51

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Between the time when Delany planned the diptych and wrote Stars... and it was
>published then getting on with the second the AIDS issue hit and Delany said
>that his world was so changed by it that he could no longer write the second -
>poor memory might not serve but I think it was to be entitled "The Slplendour of
>Cities and their Dying" or something bery similar.

_The Splendor and Misery of Bodies, of Cities_

>Since there has be romour that he started working on it again, but only romour:
>I've heard nothing that could taken as reputable news.

I have heard that rumour as well -- from sufficiently reputable
sources that I believe it quite possibly true, but couched in such
terms that excessive optimism would be unwise.

--
Rich Horton | Stable Email: mailto://richard.horton@sff.net
Home Page: http://www.sff.net/people/richard.horton