From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) The Whorl and Operation ARES
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 13:49:04

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

At 01:11 PM 12/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>We might draw some conclusions as to Wolfe's politics.

	Yes, you can. Wolfe told me that he used to be a Buckley-type
conservative, but has become broader in his thinking over the years. He
said, "I'm big on freedom, and we have lost a lot in recent years." See
also Free, Life, Free.
	I also asked him if he were going to re-write Operation ARES. He said no,
but I think you are right that he has incorporated much of it in Long Sun.
	My whole interview with Wolfe is on Paul Duggan's Wolfe Page.

Questions or problems to whorl-owner@lists.best.com

<--prev V1 next-->