From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Impressions, riddles, etc. [SPOILERS]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 11:26:42

Alice Turner wrote:

> Asked Raymond:
> >
> > I have a quick question. Why did Silk agree to become a part of Pas?
> Is
> > there an explanation in the Long Sun books? Just wondering.
>
> We have absolutely, positively no proof that he did. This was only a
> conjecture of the pre Horn/Pas Horn that it MIGHT have happened.

I can't find the spot now, but iirc somewhere in IGJ Horn says "Silk is
now an aspect of Pas," or words to that effect.  He doesn't say it as a
conjecture, but as something definite.

Even if it happened, though, Silk didn't necessarily agree to it.  His
personality could have been uploaded into Mainframe without his consent.

--Adam