From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) The inhumi's secret: another clue and a speculation
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 23:44:24

William Ansley wrote:

> I think you may have something here. But surely, "not wishing each
> other dead" is included within the Golden Rule?

The Golden Rule includes it, true, but is more stringent.  Not wishing
your neighbor dead is sort of the minimal program to the Golden Rule's
maximal program.  (Although if unconscious wishes count, that
complicates things.)

But yes, if this is the secret, then in giving all these hints about "if
only we loved each other," Horn was coming awfully close to violating
the spirit, if not the letter, of his oath.  So that's another point
against my hypothesis.

--Adam