From: David Wells <ADW@ovum.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) [SPOILERS] In Green's Jungles, first thoughts
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:47:54 +0100

>From: "Fernando Q. Gouvea" <fqgouvea@colby.edu>
>Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 12:22:05 -0400

>Hide notes that [Silk] looks much more like Horn during at least one of the
trips.

I think that this is simply logical (well, spirit-logical anyway).
His body is 100% Silk. But his spirit is 50% Horn - hence looks more like
Horn. Cf. the changed appearance of Oreb's spirit (and, for that matter,
those of the inhumi).

I concur with others that Horn knows that he's in Silk's body, but denies
"being Silk" because
	- basic honesty. He isn't 100% Pure Silk(TM)
	- neither he nor the fragment of Silk's spirit within him actually
want to try to live up to the legendary status which Silk has attained
(The latter is, arguably, rather a selfish motive, although maybe I am
unfair in ascribing it to him).

old newt

P.S. Inhumi secret: I don't think anyone has cited this bit yet:
p. 253, SHorn speaking:
"After that [more people being killed] something else will happen, and still
more people will die, and the inhumi will come in the night to drink our
blood, _carousing upon our hates and fears and lusts_".
Seems a fairly explicit statement of the "let's all be virtuous" hypothesis.

P.P.S. Is it possible that the "glamour" of the inhumi - their ability to
convince people that they are human beyond the illusions of
shape-modification and make-up - was inherited by feeding off the Vanished
People? This sort of ability seems right up the VPs' street...