From: "Endymion9" <endymion9@mindspring.com>
Subject: (whorl) Horn's astral Journey to Nettle
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:05:09

In an earlier post I asked why Horn never made an astral journey to visit
Nettle.  I obviously had forgotten this passage from OBW.

p.203
Once, as I lay there at the bottom of the pit, it seemed to me that a man
with a long nose (a tall man or an immense spider) stood over me...
He touched my forehead with something he held, an the pit vanished.
I was standing in Nettle's kitchen...

"Come with me," I told her...

...tried to lead her back to the pit in which I lay.  She stared at me then
as if I were some horror from the grave, and screamed.  I can never forget
that scream.

Was Horn trying to lead Nettle into death with him?  Is this why Horn has
never tried to return to Nettle in an astral trip again?  Her reaction.
Wasn't there some conjecture as to whether an inhumi had to be present for
an astral trip to take place?  Looks like a neighbor will do also, unless
Krait was along on this journey but hidden ( I doubt it).

The more I think of the Neighbor/Inhumi relationship I think that they might
be a creation of the Neighbors.  When the neighbor touches Horn is he doing
the same type manipulation on Horn?  Creating an inhumi? or something else?
out of him?

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm