From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis@sirius.com>
Subject: (whorl) re: Subject: Kirkus review of RttW
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:08:04

Henry Kaiser, he quoted Kirkus the bile & wrote:

>>Wolfe’s demands on his readers grow more onerous
>with every volume.
>
>I thought the "demands" grew more DELIGHTFUL, rather than ONEROUS......

Right, well that's because Kirkus says that you and your ilk are not "mere
mortals"!  Whoo-hoo!

If such a big deal is to be made of the labor, I'm surprised the duct
didn't just say "the conclusion of a seven book series" or even "the climax
(?) of a twelve book series," and then link Wolfe's Briah to Robert
Jordan's huge series (alga and Patrick O'Leary and I all remember WFC
Monterey and the fight that broke out over the issue of devoting review
space to the nth-volume in a huge series).  (And oh, those hard words in
TBOTNS!!)

Probably wanted to, but ran out of space!  Oh well, lump of coal for
Kirkus; another candidate for future humor in "Rotten Reviews."