From: "E Dorian" <edorian@hotmail.com>
Subject: (whorl) IGJ: altar scene *Spoiler*
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 02:15:54

Hi Everybody,

So, recently I decided to read all of the Sun books in order, timing it so
that when I finished IGJ, RTTW would come out and I would jump to that.
Well, I am behind; I am about to finish Urth of the New Sun.  But I may have
discovered something interesting.  I was on page 356 of Urth:

     "I felt as real as I ever have; and when I searched among my memories,
I found Valeria there still, and Thecla and old Autarch, and the boy
Severian(who had been Severian only).  "No," I said.  "We will live."

Adam's quote from IGJ:  "I knew that he was there, that if I turned, I would
see them."

Severian stopped being "one" person, so to speak.  He uses "I" throughout
his entire narrative, but sprinkles the "we's" around on occasion.

Severian uses "I" and "we", the IGJ passage uses "he" and "them", so, have I
unurthed evidence that Severian is The Outsider?

Your thoughts?

Darryl
edorian@hotmail.com