From: Jeffrey Meyers <jeffmeyers@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) [big spoiler] Narrative technique in _Return_, and
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:00:20

Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Another case where the editors create a
> mystery and I don't see why: it's clear that "Horn" gives an eye to Pig, but
> as far as I can recall this is never stated.

It's made explicit in one of the last few chapters.  I had the same question
after reading the recovery room section.  I wondered if "Horn" had donated
his own eye well before he is described, in passing (I can't find the page #
now), as having one eye, or maybe as observing someone out of his one good
eye.  Someone else may be able to locate the page number.

Patera Bunny