From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis@siriusfiction.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Wombat on TBOTSS and fanfic
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:13:05

Wombat wrote

>I'm not sure what point this table is making. You're being too compressed
>again.

Something we can agree on.

> >Many people on Blue have read TBOTLS, a biography in novel form *
>
>Actually, they've read _The Book of Silk_, but I mostly agree with your
>characterization of it as "a biography in novel form".

Sorry, you are wrong! <g>  Unless what you really meant to write was: "the
author Horn thought of the title as being (or even planned to name it) BOOK
OF SILK, but it became known as THE BOOK OF THE LONG SUN" (see EXODUS p.
371).

Or do you mean that they read that other guy's book (the "other book"
mentioned in the text)?

>>People
>>who have never met Silk in the flesh are huge "admirers of" him...
>
>Yes. But they're not "fans" of Silk any more than the author of "Acts of
>the Apostles" was a "fan" of Jesus, Paul, and Peter. They're historians
>writing historical narrative for a didactic purpose.

Why do you seem to be arguing with me when I'm using the terms you want me
to use?  I didn't write "fans," I wrote "admirers of."

I should take you to task for saying they are "historians."  Good grief!