From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy@siebel.com>
Subject: RE: (whorl) Chrasmo Writings
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:42:00

Nutria wrote:

>	Way back at the beginning of all this I provided a long list of
> gospel parallels for the story of Silk. Of course, that's Wolfe's
> doing. But since Horn and Nettle wrote TBLS, and since much of it is
> pious invention to one degree or another, it follows that either
> (a) it is an accident that the Silk story parallels the story of Jesus,
> or (b) that Horn and Nettle had a version of the story of Jesus before
> them as they wrote TBLS, and deliberately crafted Silk as a kind of
> new messiah.

Or, (c), the pattern of the Messiah-story is deeply ingrained in the
"collective unconciousness" or the nature of the human soul or, uh,
whatever.

But in support of (b),
	i. The (fairly few) quotes from the Chrasmological Writings
	   actually offered to us are, I believe, either quotes from
	   real Scripture (though not necessary the Hebrew-Christian
	   Scriptures) or variants thereon. I believe the bit
	   about daubing the raven comes from Jeremiah, for example.
	ii.Silk actually talks (or maybe thinks) about a man back on
	   the Short Sun Whorl who was both enlightened and possessed
	   by the Outsider and was crucified. Presumably this would
	   come either form the CWs or -- uh, where else?

--Blattid